Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pretty but Dangerous

Our backyard

Max's treehouse has seen better days!



This was early Wed. morning


So the ice storm hit this week. It is amazing how something so beautiful can be so dangerous. Max always makes the most accurate comments- he said to me today: "Mom, ice is like in the books. The prettiest stuff is always the deadliest."
We have some significant damage in the yard (almost every tree is down or coming down). We are very lucky though that the house seems OK so far. And after a couple of days w/out power, we are back home. The kids spent 1 night at Janice and Adam's because they had power (until 11:00pm) and truthfully our house was terrifying Tues. night. Dennis and I stuck it out. We wanted to be at the house in case any trees came through the roof. Mom and Dad got their power back on Wed. morning so all 14 of us kids, spouses and grand kids moved for one big sleepover! While there was not a lot of sleep we did have fun. I haven't spent the night in my old room in a lot of years! But I am glad to be home in my bed tonight.


Stay warm- Jackie

No comments: