Friday, December 12, 2008

"It's Beinning to Look a Lot Like Christmas"

"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas..." After all my years in retail, I finally love Christmas again! While Advent services kept me sane through those retail years, it has been my kids that have brought joy of Christmas back to me!As with most things, we share this time of year with my brother and sister and their families. One way we do this is through our Annual Christmas Countdown. A friend shared an idea with Janice and she shared with us and now it has become a family tradition. Every morning through Christmas, the kids get to open a pocket on the countdown. In it they find things like making gingerbread houses with their cousins (at grandma and grandpa's who say they don't mind the mess!),school parties, Nutcracker premiere and shopping for a needy child. We also always hit the Downtown Winterwonderland and mail our letters to Santa. And yes we do most of these things with all 7 kids.There are some things we do as just the 4 of us-decorate our tree, cookies for Santa and plenty of Christmas movies! The countdown ends the same every year: Happy Birthday Jesus! The kids always check this before they check their own loot...I keep waiting for Max to tell me he is too old for the countdown, but it has yet to happen...It is so magical watching Christmas through their eyes. They love the presents but they seem to understand the true meaning behind all the glitter. And for that I am thankful.enjoy the season-Jackie

No comments: